Thursday, August 11, 2011

[be]ing in a human world is what is important... NOT NOT NOT mindless, vacuous consumption

This info-graphic speaks volumes about how we and others find ourselves in what can largely be called Western Society. It now may appear that the world is waking up with a massive hangover from a debt fueled mad capitalist binge that has damaged the lives of so many and enriched the very few. I am amazed at the parallels that can be drawn with Huxley and to some extent Orwell. They are so stark that Brave New World and 1984 should be on the reading list for all students as a wake up call, a prod to awaken and develop the critical minds of our students. No kids things just don't stay the same! Yes change is violent and frightening! And no violence is not, not an answer to violence... Intellect, Human compassion and a deep understanding of what it means to be a human [be]ing in a human world is what is important... NOT NOT NOT mindless, vacuous consumption.
source: http://visualnews.columnfivemedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/orwell-huxley-world.png


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own blog and was wondering what all is needed to get setup? I'm assuming having a
blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I'm not very web savvy so I'm not 100% sure.
Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

Look at my webpage; Lipo Slim :: liposlimblog.net ::